Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Michail Bikoulis <Mi...@ementor.no> on 2001/09/10 08:57:18 UTC

FOP hangs after XML error

Hello.

I'm running FOP 0.20.1 on a W2K PC.

If there is an error in the input XML, FOP displays the error and hangs. I
have to press Ctrl-C to stop it.

This has never bothered me before, but now I'm running FOP many times in
batch during the night and I don't want it to stop if one of the XML files
is wrong.

I've looked in the source-code to try and fix this, but there is something I
don't understand:

If there is an error in the input XSL, FOP behaves differently: it displays
the error and stops. This happens in the XSLTInputHandler class, in the
getParser method, at line 109: throw new FOPException(ex).

I compare this code with the code the generates the exception when the input
XML is wrong: Driver class, render method, line 461: throw new
FOPException(e).

These two lines are exactly the same; why does FOP behave differently?

Thanks,

Mike