Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> on 2020/01/14 11:51:19 UTC

Dealing with the Sling Dist folder

Hi,
the release management is a bit painful due to the huge amount of files in https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/sling/.
Would it be possible to split this up a bit, that we reduce the amount of sibling files?
All UI tools I tried for cleaning up the old release artifacts simply screw up when trying to show the content of this folder.

Otherwise, does someone have a (bash) script handy for cleaning up old artifacts from dist (and maybe also for importing the new artifacts)?

Thanks in advance,
Konrad

Re: Dealing with the Sling Dist folder

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2020-01-14 at 13:01 +0100, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:51 PM Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>
> wrote:
> > ...does someone have a (bash) script handy for cleaning up old
> > artifacts from dist
> > (and maybe also for importing the new artifacts)?..
>
> I don't have a script but usually do things like this, example
> releasing V2.6.22 and removing V2.6.20:
>
>   cd <folder where 2.6.22 is found expanded source-release..zip>
>   svn import -m "Release org.apache.sling.engine-2.6.22" .
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/sling
>
>   svn delete -m "Release org.apache.sling.engine-2.6.22" $(ls | sed
> 's/22/20/' | while read line; do echo
> "https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/sling/$line"; done)
>
> With this you don't have to checkout the large dist folder, and you
> get just one svn transaction for the import and one for the delete.
>
> And for dry runs just add echo in the right places before actually
> running the commands.

Thanks, Bertrand, that is definitely useful! I've added a note about
this at [1], for visibility.

Robert

[1]: https://sling.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management.html#quick-update-of-artifacts-in-dist

Re: Dealing with the Sling Dist folder

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 12:51 PM Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de> wrote:
> ...does someone have a (bash) script handy for cleaning up old artifacts from dist
> (and maybe also for importing the new artifacts)?..

I don't have a script but usually do things like this, example
releasing V2.6.22 and removing V2.6.20:

  cd <folder where 2.6.22 is found expanded source-release..zip>
  svn import -m "Release org.apache.sling.engine-2.6.22" .
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/sling

  svn delete -m "Release org.apache.sling.engine-2.6.22" $(ls | sed
's/22/20/' | while read line; do echo
"https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/sling/$line"; done)

With this you don't have to checkout the large dist folder, and you
get just one svn transaction for the import and one for the delete.

And for dry runs just add echo in the right places before actually
running the commands.

-Bertrand