Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hannes <ha...@gmx.li> on 2010/10/17 21:44:36 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy - Restrict Outgoing Connections

Hi HTTPD Users,

I'm using Apache 2.2 on Debian (Kernel 2.6) as a proxy for my web
applications .

So far I got it all working, including SSL and stuff. But when I had a
look at the access.log, I saw hundreds of (mostly GET) requests to URL
which are not mine.

I'm not really sure what this means, but I think some bots are using the
proxy to access other sites. Can that be?

I turned

ProxyRequests Off

<Proxy *>
      Order deny,allow
      Allow from all
</Proxy>

With Allow/Deny from all, I can only restrict who can request the proxy,
but I need to restrict the proxy to only forward request to localhost.

Do I've to do that with iptables or is it possible within Apache?

thanks!
Hannes