Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Gainty <mg...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/17 23:57:40 UTC

com.sun.tools.javac.*

Hi Russ

\Users\mgainty\.m2\repository\org\apache\maven\maven-compiler-plugin\2.0.2\org\apache\maven\plugin>ls
-al *.class

-rw-r--r--    1 mgainty  Administ    11069 Feb 13  2007
AbstractCompilerMojo.cla
ss
-rw-r--r--    1 mgainty  Administ     1755 Feb 13  2007
CompilationFailureExcept
ion.class
-rw-r--r--    1 mgainty  Administ     2643 Feb 13  2007 CompilerMojo.class
-rw-r--r--    1 mgainty  Administ     2772 Feb 13  2007
TestCompilerMojo.class

If I grep my maven folder i see one reference in JavacCompiler for
maven-2.0.7

\Maven>grep -S -l com.sun.tools.javac *.*

.\maven-2.0.7-src\bootstrap\bootstrap-mini\src\main\java\org\apache\maven\bootst
rap\compile\JavacCompiler.java
.\maven-2.0.7-src\bootstrap\bootstrap-mini\target\classes\org\apache\maven\boots
trap\compile\JavacCompiler.class

so it appears that com.sun.tools.javac that was referenced in maven-2.0.7
by bootstrap and bootstrap-mini has since been deprecated from maven 3.x
I am curious which documents states com.sun.tools.javac.*  compiler would
be a reference to a maven 3.x compiler?

Thanks
Martin

Re: com.sun.tools.javac.*

Posted by Russell Gold <ru...@gold-family.us>.
Ah, excellent. I was not aware of that API, and at least some of the uses in question can be JDK 1.6-dependent

-----------------
and listen to the Misfile radio play <http://www.gold-family.us/audio/misfile.html>!

Re: com.sun.tools.javac.*

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.