Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Jim Spring <jm...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/01 02:09:33 UTC

[dev] Azure Storage fixtures

We are looking at improving (fixing) the storage apis in LibCloud for
Azure.  Despite having versioned APIs, somethings have changed like -
content length is required when posting a blob.  So we wanted to get things
in better order and are planning on a PR, etc. for such.

A couple of questions that came up -

How were the current fixtures generated (they appear to be 6 years old)?
If we wanted to update them, what would be the process / criteria for such?
 (Is there anything special beyond a PR that gets reviewed?  Assuming tests
work, etc).

Thanks
-jim spring

Re: [dev] Azure Storage fixtures

Posted by Samuel Marks <sa...@gmail.com>.
As long as the tests are compliant with the latest fixtures, and the
interface exposed doesn't change—or has defaults; so people's codebase
doesn't need to change to match—then I don't see why it wouldn't be
accepted (IMHO).

Samuel Marks
http://linkedin.com/in/samuelmarks