Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2002/07/31 12:06:11 UTC

MX4J Stylesheets repository

Hello all,

one good thing about MX4J is that its output is modifiable via XSLT
stylesheets. For example, we'd like to create a new tab "Statistics" for
our sar-applications, where we show some graphs and numbers.

Now, the problem currently is that the stylesheets are packed into the
mx4j-tools.jar under mx4j/adaptor/http/xsl/*

Every time we want to modify one of the stylesheets, we have to unjar
the file, make our changes, jar it and restart Phoenix. This is
time-consuming and interrupts a service. Plus, whenever we update MX4J
to a new version, we have to manually merge our changes into the new JAR.

To solve these problems MX4J has a feature to specify a directory as
stylesheet repository and one can set a caching-parameter to false, so
that stylesheets are checked for changes and reloaded as necessary. Example:

ObjectName processorName = new ObjectName("Server:name=XSLTProcessor");
server.createMBean("mx4j.adaptor.http.XSLTProcessor", processorName, null);

// set it to use a dir
server.setAttribute(processorName, new Attribute("File",
"/my/stylesheet/repository"));

// set not to use cache
server.setAttribute(processorName, new Attribute("UseCache",
Boolean.FALSE));

Would it be possible to enable these features in Phoenix?

cheers,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: MX4J Stylesheets repository

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I added in support for specifying a directory (relative to phoenix.home) where
you can store in stylesheets. You add in the following to configuration of
manager and it should work. Have not really tested this fully though :)

<stylesheets-dir>conf/xsl</stylesheets-dir>

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
'Most men would rather die than think. Many do.'
                             Bertrand Russell