Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Charles Benett <ch...@apache.org> on 2002/12/31 12:55:21 UTC

Tagging CVS was Re: New repository/new branch

Serge Knystautas wrote:

> Danny Angus wrote:
>
>> My personal opinion closely matches Matthew's.  If you want to stabilize
>> development of 2.1, and encourage development of 3.0, then name 2.1 a
>> branch.  If you want to encourage development of two divergent code
>> bases, then create two CVS trees.
>>

>> I think we have a concensus then, both internally and incuding Sam's
>> comment, for a branch?
>>
>> d.

I agree that work on 2.1.x should be in a branch with head being work on
3.0.

> I think so.  I'll go ahead and tag and branch later tonight unless
> there's someone wants me to hold on it.
>
> Serge Knystautas
> Loki Technologies
> http://www.lokitech.com/

Serge,
I haven't got access to cvs docs at the moment but that doesn't sound
right. I think (could be wrong) that you need to tag with 2.1 when we
release. Then (later) when someone has a 2.1.1 change, the branch is made.
Charles

Re: Tagging CVS was Re: New repository/new branch

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@apache.org>.
Cool

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> I think (could be wrong) that you need to tag with 2.1 when we
> release. Then (later) when someone has a 2.1.1 change, the
> branch is made.

Charles, I have patches to apply immediately.  :-)  I just want to get v2.1
out for the users before starting to apply them.

	--- Noel