Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael B Allen <io...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/09 03:37:48 UTC

[users@httpd] Strange Timezone Switching Between GMT and US\Eastern in Module

I have an Apache module that uses localtime(3) to generate timestamps
for logging. When the module is running and executed by worker
processes these timestamps are correctly US\Eastern time. However,
when the module is initializing and deinitializing as the root
process, the timestamps are in GMT time.

Or rather I have a customer with a log showing this. I have not been
able to reproduce the problem outside of calling setenv("TZ", "GMT",
1); tzset();.

I would suspect that /etc/localtime was wrong but if that were the
case the timestamps would be wrong all the time no?

Anyone have an idea as to what might be happening?

Mike