Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pawan Darira <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/14 18:48:14 UTC

Index not getting refreshed

Hi

I am using Solr 3.2 on a live website. i get live user's data of about 2000
per day. I do an incremental index every 8 hours. but my search results
always show the same result with same sorting order. when i check the same
search from corresponding db, it gives me different results always (as new
data regularly gets added)

please suggest what might be the issue. is there any cache related problem
at SOLR level

thanks
pawan

Re: Index not getting refreshed

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I am commiting but not doing replication now. Mine sort order also includes
: last login timestamp. the new profiles are being reflected in my SOLR admin
: & db. but its not listed on my website.

please be *specific*

what do you mean when you say "the new profiles are being reflected in my
SOLR admin" ?

are "profiles" the types of data you are modeling/indexing as documents in
solr?

what do you mean by "reflected in my SOLR admin" ? does that mean when you
search for them in solr using the admin console you see the new documents?

if so -- then why do you think there is a problem with solr "not getting
refreshed" ?  what exactly is "my website" doing thta it's not getting the
new data?

if solr is returning it when *you* execute a query, what you you doing
differently then the client code in "my website"

-Hoss

Re: Index not getting refreshed

Posted by Mike Sokolov <so...@ifactory.com>.
Is it possible you have two solr instances running off the same index
folder?  This was a mistake I stumbled into early on - I was writing
with one, and reading with the other, so I didn't see updates.

-Mike

Posted by Pawan Darira <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pawan Darira <pa...@gmail.com>.
I have written simple java code to index my data. i am creating xml
documents & adding in the index. sorry, but due to company's policy could
not share the configuration details here.

Posted by Rahul Warawdekar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pawan,

--
Thanks and Regards