Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Sean Cronin <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/03 19:37:05 UTC

What's needed to cut a new release?

Hey everyone,

What's needed to cut a new release?

278 commits
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/compare/1.7.1.3...master> have
been made to master since the last release, and they seem to be fixing
important issues (such as AIRFLOW-80
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-80> which was fixed 3 months
ago that I just ran into by following the quick start documentation).

In the meantime, what version of Airflow are people running in production?

Best,
Sean

Re: What's needed to cut a new release?

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
There are two things going on:

1) The first Apache release will be basically a duplicate of 1.7.1.3,
but with various legal things fixed (no high charts, licenses fixed,
etc)
2) A "real" full release off of master

(1) is supposed to happen this month. (2) is supposed to happen in
September. This is based off of the community meeting that was held
recently (See Gurer's notes).

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Lance Norskog <la...@gmail.com>.