Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/13 15:41:00 UTC

One more build failure question

Hi all,

on another machine I get a different build error when building the current
trunk version. I assume there the missing dependency from my last post
is is in the local repo.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.1:unpack (getOlink) on project uima-docbook-overview-and-setup: Unable to find artifact. Could not find artifact org.apache.uima:uima-docbook-olink:zip:olink:1-SNAPSHOT
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.uima -DartifactId=uima-docbook-olink -Dversion=1-SNAPSHOT -Dclassifier=olink -Dpackaging=zip -Dfile=/path/to/file

Build stops when it reaches the "Building Apache UIMA SDK Documentation - overview and setup 2.3.2-SNAPSHOT" part.
And then prints the above error message.

Jörn

Re: One more build failure question

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
I will try this again on my fresh machine. And report back here.

Jörn

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 7/14/11 12:02 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> This is the olink database that is produced to enable cross-linking between
> separately produced docbooks.
>
> It's stored on the repository.apache.org Nexus repository.  This repository
> should be on the list of repositories to look for "SNAPSHOTS".
>
> I just went there and drilled down snapshots ->  org / apache / uima /
> uima-docbook-olink / 1-SNAPSHOT and I see the files there.
>
> So maybe on the machine where you're doing the build the parent pom chain or ???
> is not defining this repository as a SNAPSHOT repo to use?

I will investigate a little more tomorrow, I do not have access to this
other machine
right now. On my ubuntu test virtual machine its now building successful.

Thanks,

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 7/14/11 12:02 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
> This is the olink database that is produced to enable cross-linking between
> separately produced docbooks.
>
> It's stored on the repository.apache.org Nexus repository.  This repository
> should be on the list of repositories to look for "SNAPSHOTS".
>
> I just went there and drilled down snapshots ->  org / apache / uima /
> uima-docbook-olink / 1-SNAPSHOT and I see the files there.
>
> So maybe on the machine where you're doing the build the parent pom chain or ???
> is not defining this repository as a SNAPSHOT repo to use?

Removing the .m2/repository/org/apache/apache seemed to solve this issue,
but now the build hangs again because there are things from repo1 which
don't want to be download. I guess the repo1 issue vanishes again, like
yesterday.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
This is the olink database that is produced to enable cross-linking between
separately produced docbooks.

It's stored on the repository.apache.org Nexus repository.  This repository
should be on the list of repositories to look for "SNAPSHOTS".

I just went there and drilled down snapshots -> org / apache / uima /
uima-docbook-olink / 1-SNAPSHOT and I see the files there.

So maybe on the machine where you're doing the build the parent pom chain or ???
is not defining this repository as a SNAPSHOT repo to use?

-Marshall