Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Igor Kuzmenko <f1...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/28 15:57:38 UTC

Where kafka spout stores offset

I'm using Storm v 0.10.0. Offset obviously stored in zookeeper, but in wich
one?

First zookeeper I set in STORM settings: "storm.zookeeper.servers".
Second one is set in ZkHosts object, which is part of SpoutConfig: public
ZkHosts(String brokerZkStr)

Right now they are the same, in my case, but I'd like to know, what happens
if they will differ? Where offset will be stored?

Re:Where kafka spout stores offset

Posted by "darion.yaphet" <fl...@163.com>.
Hi :

ZkHosts in SpoutConfig is use to set Kafka's ZooKeeper cluster host .

Kafka Offset will store in ZooKeeper cluster which appoint out by Config.STORM_ZOOKEEPER_SERVERS .