Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Timothy High <ti...@sknt.com> on 2006/07/25 22:12:00 UTC

Problem installing Service Assembly to JBoss deployer

Hi all,

Yet another problem :-)

This time, I've repackaged my components in a service assembly (thanks for the tip, Guillaume!). However, although there are no Exceptions thrown, my components do not get deployed. After tracking the installation with the debugger, I discovered that the following test comes out false:

        if (root.getComponent() != null) { ... install ... }

Can anyone tell me why this is coming out null? I believe I have built and configured my SA correctly. Here is my jbi.xml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<jbi xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi" version="1.0">

   <service-assembly>

     <identification>

       <name>tradeimport-sa</name>

       <description>TradeImport Service Assembly</description>

     </identification>

     <service-unit>

       <identification>

         <name>tradeimport-su</name>

         <description>TradeImport Service Unit</description>

       </identification>

       <target>

         <artifacts-zip>tradeimport-su.zip</artifacts-zip>

         <component-name>servicemix-lwcontainer</component-name>

       </target>

     </service-unit>

    </service-assembly>

</jbi>

Thanks!

Tim.

Timothy High

Software Engineering

timothy.high@sknt.com <ma...@sknt.com>

Sakonnet Technology
Centro Empresarial Mourisco
Praia de Botafogo 501 1°Andar
Bloco A - Torre Pão de Açúcar
22250-040  - Rio de Janeiro, RJ Brazil
www.sknt.com <http://www.sknt.com/>

+55 (21) 2586 6102  direct
+55 (21) 2586 6001  fax

Re: Problem installing Service Assembly to JBoss deployer

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
It looks like a bug.
Could you try replacing the line 116 in JBIService (jboss-deployer) with the
following one:
            jbiContainer.updateExternalArchive(archive);
and see if it works better ?

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet