Posted to announce@apache.org by Dave Meikle <dm...@apache.org> on 2013/01/22 21:22:10 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.3 Released

The Apache Tika project is pleased to announce the release of Apache Tika
1.3. The release contents have been pushed out to the main Apache release
site and to the Maven Central sync, so the releases should be available as
soon as the mirrors get the syncs.

Apache Tika is a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and
structured text content from various documents using existing parser
libraries.

Apache Tika 1.3 contains a number of improvements and bug fixes. Details can
be found in the changes file:

http://www.apache.org/dist/tika/CHANGES-1.3.txt

Apache Tika is available in source form from the following download page:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.3-src.zip

Apache Tika is also available in binary form or for use using Maven 2 from
the Central Maven Repository:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/tika/

In the initial 48 hours, the release may not be available on all mirrors.
When downloading from a mirror site, please remember to verify the downloads
using signatures found on the Apache site:

http://www.apache.org/dist/tika/KEYS

For more information on Apache Tika, visit the project home page:

http://tika.apache.org/

-- Dave Meikle, on behalf of the Apache Tika community

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.3 Released

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Joe Wicentowski <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed that the release notes do not mention an upgrade to POI 3.9,
> which was released on Dec. 3, 2012.  Has Tika not upgraded to 3.9?

No, we unfortunately didn't yet upgrade to latest POI version. Can you
please file an improvement request for that? If there's popular
demand, we can probably cut Tika 1.4 in near future with POI 3.9 in
it.

> If/when POI library upgrades are included in Tika,
> are they mentioned in release notes?

Yes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.3 Released

Posted by Joe Wicentowski <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dave,

Thank you and the community so much for this release and the hard work
that went into it!

I noticed that the release notes do not mention an upgrade to POI 3.9,
which was released on Dec. 3, 2012.  Has Tika not upgraded to 3.9?  (I
ask because 3.9 contains a fix to a bug whose patch I contributed to,
and I have been using Maven to override Tika's POI dependency since
the 3.9 betas.)  If/when POI library upgrades are included in Tika,
are they mentioned in release notes?

Thanks,
Joe

Posted by zankar shah <hm...@gmail.com>.
Its great product.

As someone suggested could you please upgrade to poi 3.9 in next release.

I tried doing that but getting some errors when building through Maven.  The
problem was in file OutlookExtractor.java at line # 205.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Tika 1.3 Released

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Great job Dave!!!

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.