Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Daniel Bower <da...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/30 08:22:40 UTC

Dependencies

I'm working on embedding a directory server instance for development and
testing purposes.

I'm currently using the following to add the dependencies to my project:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.directory.server</groupId>
            <artifactId>apacheds-core</artifactId>
            <version>1.5.5</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.directory.server</groupId>
            <artifactId>apacheds-all</artifactId>
            <version>1.5.5</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.directory.shared</groupId>
            <artifactId>shared-all</artifactId>
            <version>0.9.18</version>
        </dependency>

However, I noticed that apacheds-all seems to bundle a few external
libraries in the jar itself as classes instead of declaring them as
dependencies in a maven pom file.  This is undesirable for me, as I
would prefer to add those dependencies through maven so that I can
update them.  In particular, I am unable to move to a later version of
Logback.

My guess is that I need to scout through the long list of apache ds
artifacts at:
http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.directory.server
That seems much less than desirable.  Is there some documentation that I
am missing?

I'm curious what the reasoning of including them in the apacheds-all.jar
artifact is as well.  I was surprised to see classes external to apache
in there!  However my experience is limited, hence the question.

Thanks,
Daniel

Re: Dependencies

Posted by Daniel Bower <da...@gmail.com>.