Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Robert Leland <le...@speakeasy.net> on 2004/04/13 20:16:50 UTC

Re: rsync commons-validator-1.1.2 to iBiblio? (Re: Problem building Struts with Maven)

> Sergio, the immediate problem is simply that that version of
> commons-validator is not available from the iBiblio repository
> (because it's a dev version).  There are a variety of solutions to
> the problem, but since Validator has cut a 1.1.2 release, I think the
> best solution would be for us to get a copy of that release on
> IBiblio and to change the dependency in Struts' project.xml.  This
> would be a necessary step to cutting a Struts 1.2.1 release, which
> should happen RSN anyway.

We already know that the 1.1.2 release of validator will not be a GA
quality, and we'll need to cut yet another release. I would rather not
place a non-release on iBiblio. If someone is building struts from
source code, then as painful as it is I would rather they take the
extra step and build validator from the VALIDATOR_1_1_2_BRANCH.
(or they can download a version from http://apache.org/~rleland/ValidatorAlpha/1.1.3-dev/ ) Which I uploaded
last night, and place it in their .maven/repository

Once a jar is mirrored it is only removed at from iBiblio
if the administrators of iBiblio remove it, Removing it from
Apache doesn't remove the mirrored version.

> Apache now has a mirroring arrangement with IBiblio:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/39462
>
> I will gladly do a build from the VALIDATOR_1_1_2 tag and place it in
> /www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/commons-validator/jars/ and
> then change the dependency in Struts' project.xml -- or I'll defer to
> anyone else.

> But first we have to
> figure out if there will be an Apache repository for nightly builds.

There I would go with the flow.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
FYI:

A build of commons-validator-1.1.2.jar IS currently available at www.bluesunrise.com/maven.
That's the version I took from the nightly build of struts of 20040407.

I'm currently developing a Struts JSR-168 Portlet Framework which hopefully is to become (initially)
part of the Jetspeed-2 codebase.
The commons-validator-1.1.2.jar (and a struts-1.2.1-dev-20040407.jar) are (temporarilly) put into
the maven repository
of bluesunrise on my behalf by the Jetspeed-2 lead David Sean Taylor.
I think I probably should have named the validator jar better by the way (something like
commons-validator-1.1.2-dev-20040407.jar).

Currently, I have an adapted version of the MailReader example application fully working as a
Portlet within Jetspeed-2.
I will probably release the first version of this portlet framework this weekend or beginning next
week (waiting for David).

If the integration into Jetspeed-2 is working out all right (and it currently looks quite good) I
will keep the
version of Struts its based upon as uptodate as possibly with the current Struts developments.

As I'm not in anyway related to bluesunrise I cannot say for how long these jars will be up there
(heck I'm not even a Jetspeed-2 developer)
but if my framework is working out nicely it'll be probably up there (or newer versions) until
regular versions are available elsewhere.

I would also like to inform you that my struts portlet framework is largely independant of
Jetspeed-2 (it has currently
a separate API library containing only one interface to be implemented by a portal) and could maybe
be interesting as
a contrib feature of the struts codebase (which is up to the Struts maintainers of course).

Once my Struts portlet framework is available through the Jetspeed-2 codebase I will send a proper
announcement
to this list (hopefully be soon).

Regards,

Ate Douma

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
FYI:

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
FYI:

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 8:00 PM -0400 4/15/04, Ted Husted wrote:
>In related news,
>
>Is anyone else getting a changelog report from the Maven build?
>
>It comes up empty when I run it.

I just ran against CVS HEAD and got a log.    I'm pasting it below;
let me know if you'd like me to send the actual file or something.

Joe

  Timeframe: 30 days, Total Commits: 41 Total Number of Files Changed: 86

  Date
  Author
  File/Message

  2004-04-16 00:08:17
  Ted Husted

src/share/org/apache/struts/validator/FieldChecks.java  v 1.19
Apply #28148 "Url Validation Configuration Options" submitted by Nial
Pemberton.

  2004-04-16 00:07:06
  Ted Husted

STATUS.txt  v 1.6
Interim update. Awaiting changelog.

  2004-04-14 23:46:15
  Ted Husted

src/share/org/apache/struts/config/ConfigRuleSet.java  v 1.19

src/share/org/apache/struts/config/ModuleConfig.java  v 1.8

src/share/org/apache/struts/config/impl/ModuleConfigImpl.java  v 1.14
Apply #28330 "Configure "regular" ActionForward class" reported by
Niall Pemberton.

  2004-04-14 13:58:57
  Joe Germuska

project.properties  v 1.10
adjust properties to use alternate repo for nightly builds and add
some notes about how to use Maven to deploy Struts jars to either of
the two repositories

  2004-04-09 15:21:47
  Don Brown

contrib/struts-faces/src/java/org/apache/struts/faces/component/FormComponent.java
v 1.7
Updating for new DynaActionFormClass creation signature

  2004-04-09 15:17:43
  Don Brown

contrib/struts-chain/src/java/org/apache/struts/chain/CreateActionForm.java
v 1.5
Updated for the new DynaActionFormClass creation signature

  2004-04-08 22:53:18
  Don Brown

src/share/org/apache/struts/config/impl/ModuleConfigImpl.java  v 1.13

src/test/org/apache/struts/config/TestModuleConfig.java  v 1.9
Added a list to store ActionConfigs to ensure when enumerated, they
are in the order in which they were added. Also added a test case to
ensure correct behavior. PR: 28104

  2004-04-08 22:47:55
  Don Brown

src/test/org/apache/struts/action/TestDynaActionFormClass.java  v 1.10
Fixed test to run with new
DynaActionFormClass.createDynaActionFormClass() signature

  2004-04-08 22:17:23
  Don Brown

src/share/org/apache/struts/upload/CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.java  v 1.17
Made CommonsFormFile serializable since it gets put into the session PR: 21244

  2004-04-08 22:07:56
  Don Brown

src/share/org/apache/struts/action/ActionServlet.java  v 1.175

src/share/org/apache/struts/action/DynaActionFormClass.java  v 1.18

src/share/org/apache/struts/config/FormBeanConfig.java  v 1.13

src/share/org/apache/struts/config/impl/ModuleConfigImpl.java  v 1.12

src/share/org/apache/struts/util/RequestUtils.java  v 1.149
Fixed inappropriate serialization of ModuleConfig when a
DynaActionForm was put in the session. PR: 22207 Reviewed by: Rob
Leland

  2004-04-06 23:30:23
  Ted Husted

conf/share/struts-config_1_2.dtd  v 1.8

doc/index.xml  v 1.55

doc/learning.xml  v 1.20

doc/project.xml  v 1.48

doc/using.xml  v 1.15

doc/stylesheets/struts.xsl  v 1.22

doc/tiles/installation.xml  v 1.5

doc/tiles/project.xml  v 1.2

doc/userGuide/building_controller.xml  v 1.78

doc/userGuide/configuration.xml  v 1.31

doc/userGuide/dev_tiles.xml  v 1.18

doc/userGuide/dev_validator.xml  v 1.44

doc/userGuide/struts-bean.xml  v 1.21

doc/userGuide/struts-html.xml  v 1.78

doc/userGuide/struts-logic.xml  v 1.22

doc/userGuide/struts-nested.xml  v 1.27

doc/userGuide/struts-tiles.xml  v 1.14
jakarta.apache.org/struts to struts.apache.org

  2004-04-06 01:39:19
  Ted Husted

doc/mail.xml  v 1.4
Update mailing list details.

  2004-04-06 01:36:00
  Ted Husted

doc/images/asf_logo_wide.gif  v 1.1
Swap ASF for Jakarta logo

  2004-04-06 01:35:18
  Ted Husted

doc/mail.xml  v 1.3
Update mailing list details.

  2004-04-06 01:35:40
  Ted Husted

doc/stylesheets/struts.xsl  v 1.21
Swap ASF for Jakarta logo

  2004-04-06 01:22:59
  Ted Husted

doc/mail.xml  v 1.2
Update mailing list details.

  2004-04-06 00:56:10
  Ted Husted

doc/mail.xml  v 1.1

doc/using.xml  v 1.14
Update mailing list details.

  2004-04-03 00:06:55
  Rob Leland

src/share/org/apache/struts/validator/ValidatorPlugIn.java  v 1.25
Modify Validator PlugIn to validate XML file. Failure no loner just
logs failure and disables that skips that validation file. Errors now
result in an exception being thrown to loudly flag an error. This
also removes usage of deprecated Commons Validator classes.

  2004-04-02 14:30:57
  Joe Germuska

src/share/org/apache/struts/validator/DynaValidatorActionForm.java  v 1.14

src/share/org/apache/struts/validator/DynaValidatorForm.java  v 1.16

src/share/org/apache/struts/validator/ValidatorActionForm.java  v 1.10

src/share/org/apache/struts/validator/ValidatorForm.java  v 1.14
Push validate code up into ValidatorForm and add a getValidationKey()
method which enables subclasses to share that code while using
different rules for finding the Validator form. PR: 28150 Submitted
by: Niall Pemberton

  2004-04-01 17:56:47
  Don Brown

src/share/org/apache/struts/config/ActionConfigMatcher.java  v 1.11

src/test/org/apache/struts/config/TestActionConfigMatcher.java  v 1.8
Added support for multiple wildcard replacements, added unit test to
ensure correct behavior PR: 28105

  2004-04-01 15:17:05
  Rob Leland

conf/share/validator-rules.xml  v 1.50
remove extraneous '/>' from XML

  2004-03-28 03:59:45
  Steve Raeburn

doc/userGuide/installation.xml  v 1.39
Added Trifork server to Installing Struts on Various Containers
section PR: 27831 Submitted by: kfr@trifork.com (Kjeld Froberg)

  2004-03-25 05:50:31
  Rob Leland

web/examples/validator/jsType.jsp  v 1.2
Bug#: 27899 Modify example to test proper behaviour is a property is
named 'name'

  2004-03-25 05:13:18
  Rob Leland

web/examples/WEB-INF/validator/validation.xml  v 1.3
Bug#: 27899 Modify example to test proper behaviour is a property is
named 'name'

  2004-03-25 05:12:59
  Rob Leland

src/examples/org/apache/struts/webapp/validator/MessageResources.properties
v 1.2

src/examples/org/apache/struts/webapp/validator/TypeForm.java  v 1.4
Bug#: 27899 Modify example to test proper behaviour is a property is
named 'name'

  2004-03-25 04:52:23
  Rob Leland

conf/share/validator-rules.xml  v 1.49
Have validator bring in Utility functions.

  2004-03-24 17:13:03
  Joe Germuska

doc/userGuide/struts-html.xml  v 1.77
Document new exception-throwing behavior in html:javascript when
dynamicJavascript is true but no form can be identified

  2004-03-23 11:49:34
  Ted Husted

doc/bylaws.xml  v 1.1
Initial draft of bylaws page. Not linked in. Other pages to follow,
as discussed.

  2004-03-23 06:27:06
  Martin Cooper

src/share/org/apache/struts/config/ActionConfigMatcher.java  v 1.10
Make ActionConfigMatcher$Mapping serializable. PR: 27376 Submitted
by: Fabio Grassi

  2004-03-23 04:28:27
  Martin Cooper

conf/test/tomcat33/server.xml  v 1.4
Change the port number for the AJP-12 connector so that it doesn't
conflict with the default one in the container. (This probably isn't
needed at all, but I'll leave that for someone more familiar with
Tomcat to decide.)

  2004-03-23 01:02:30
  Ted Husted

doc/userGuide/release-notes.xml  v 1.50
Update release notes.

  2004-03-22 07:16:37
  Martin Cooper

build-tests.xml  v 1.25

build.xml  v 1.131

conf/test/tomcat50/server.xml  v 1.1
Add initial support for Cactus tests running against Tomcat 5.0. The
tests themselves run just fine, but for some reason Tomcat doesn't
stop once the tests have completed. (I have not added the 5.0 targets
to the test suite because of this.)

  2004-03-22 06:06:57
  Martin Cooper

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestFrameTag3.jsp  v 1.5

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestFrameTag5.jsp  v 1.4

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestFrameTag7.jsp  v 1.4

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestImgTag1a.jsp  v 1.4

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestImgTag3a.jsp  v 1.4

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestImgTag5a.jsp  v 1.4

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestImgTag7a.jsp  v 1.4

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestLinkTag1.jsp  v 1.5

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestLinkTag3.jsp  v 1.5

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestLinkTag4.jsp  v 1.5

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestLinkTag5.jsp  v 1.5

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestLinkTag6.jsp  v 1.5

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestLinkTag7.jsp  v 1.5

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestLinkTag8.jsp  v 1.5
Fix remaining tests that were broken when module support was added to
TagUtils.computeURL(). (Man, I wish Java had named parameters!)

  2004-03-22 00:45:28
  Martin Cooper

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestFrameTag1.jsp  v 1.4

web/test/test/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/TestFrameTag3.jsp  v 1.4
Fix some tests that were broken when module support was added to
TagUtils.computeURL().

  2004-03-22 00:41:34
  Ted Husted

src/share/org/apache/struts/upload/CommonsMultipartRequestHandler.java  v 1.16
Apply #27702 "MultipartPost values cannot contain latin1 characters
when server is running on linux" reported by Raimo Ihle.

  2004-03-22 00:37:05
  Ted Husted

doc/userGuide/struts-nested.xml  v 1.26
Apply #27662 "Add filter attribute to <nested:options> and
<nested:optionsCollection>" submitted by Firepica and John Cavacas.

  2004-03-16 21:06:03
  Ted Husted

src/share/org/apache/struts/action/ActionForward.java  v 1.15
Add "copy constructor" per suggestion by Jay Glanville on Struts-User

  2004-03-16 20:02:15
  Rob Leland

STATUS.txt  v 1.5
Fill in info about broken compatability.

  2004-03-16 17:53:02
  Martin Cooper

STATUS.txt  v 1.4
Correct the Servlet version for Struts 2.0.

  2004-03-16 15:53:27
  Ted Husted

STATUS.txt  v 1.3
+ Routine update

  2004-03-16 15:52:41
  Ted Husted

STATUS.txt  v 1.2
+ Routine update

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: rsync commons-validator-1.1.2 to iBiblio? (Re: Problem building Struts with Maven)

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
In related news,

Is anyone else getting a changelog report from the Maven build?

It comes up empty when I run it.

-Ted.

Re: rsync commons-validator-1.1.2 to iBiblio? (Re: Problem building Struts with Maven)

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Thanks for tracking down the info.

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.