Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Chris82KS <cm...@nc-ag.de> on 2007/08/31 11:18:19 UTC

Axis2 and Rampart: WSS in WSDL

Hello!

It is possible to use WS-policy and WS-SecurityPolicy in the WSDL of the
webservice. But can Ramaprt read out the security-policy out of the WSDL or
must it be in a separte file like policy.xml?
I use Axis2 1.1 and Rampart 1.1. Would be nice if you could answer me this
question.

Greetings
Christian M.

Re: Axis2 and Rampart: WSS in WSDL

Posted by Sanka Samaranayke <ss...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Please find my comments inlined ..

Chris82KS wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It is possible to use WS-policy and WS-SecurityPolicy in the WSDL of the
> webservice. But can Ramaprt read out the security-policy out of the WSDL or
> must it be in a separte file like policy.xml?
> I use Axis2 1.1 and Rampart 1.1. Would be nice if you could answer me this
> question.

Yes you can use WS-Policy and WS-Security Policy in the WSDL directly. However
there are some other Rampart specific policies that you need to feed in addition.

For instance if a WS-Security Policy requires to sign an outgoing message, you need
to specify some Rampart specific policies that would specify the keystore, aliase of
the key etc. which are required by Rampart engine to enforce such policies.

Rampart doesn't read Policies directly out of a WSDL. It will pick them from the
Description or the Context hierarchy. From the user prospective when you codegen
against a WS-Security Policy annotated WSDL, those policies will get embedded into
the stub. In such scenarios you only have to feed Rampart specific Policies to
the stub. Then Rampart will compute its configuration based on both policies.

HTH

Best,
Sanka

--