Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Mark Aufdencamp <ma...@aufdencamp.com> on 2007/09/24 17:02:07 UTC

EAR Security Realm Configuration

Hi All,

I'm having a slight problem with a security realm in an EAR.  I have two
webapps that I would like to authenticate via a container managed FORM
Auth, webapp and webappadmin.  I have the webapp realm functioning
without any issues.  Of course, I cut and pasted from webapp to
webappadmin and attempted to deploy.  This resulted in a commom
deployment exception - "Only one security configuration allowed per
application".

What's the proper approach to resolving this?

Can I use/Do I need a second realm for the second web application?  As
in a 1-1 correspondence between the app and the realm.

If not how do I properly configuring the second app to utilize the
realm?  Is there someway to define it in the EAR for both web apps?

TIA

Mark Aufdencamp
Mark@Aufdencamp.com

Re: EAR Security Realm Configuration

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
you only specify the security configuration itself once per ear.  For
each web-app you specify the security-realm that comes right before
the security configuration.  You might put the security element at
the top level of the ear plan rather than in one or the other web app
plan.

hope this helps
david jencks