Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2008/12/08 00:06:10 UTC

Save Search in database

Hi,
Ability to save search (criteria) is commonly seen feature in lot of
software. I see value in having able to do that. Do others feel the
same? Any Ideas on what kind of data model will serve the purpose?

Regards
Anil Patel

Re: Save Search in database

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
+1
Searches Saving and Most Recent Used are two different features that could
be both defined in the framework as generic so that every application could
use for any entity.
The actual similar features that now work on products could then be changed
as specific application of the generic features.

-Bruno

Re: Save Search in database

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Bruno,

Re: Save Search in database

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

Re: Save Search in database

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yes, not only the last one but even MRU (Most Recent Used)  in top or bottom of screen (top seems easier to use : always at hand)
and from a menu (near visual themes?) with more MRUs in  would be heplful. I often open a lot of Firefox tabs and finally get lost
as I have not enough information to recall what I used some hours before I was stopped for another things, pretty usual I guess ...

Jacques

From: "Bruno Busco" <br...@gmail.com>

Re: Save Search in database

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.
Anil,

Re: Save Search in database

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
David,
I like product search thing. I am thinking about doing something
similar in more generic way so we can use it in more places. We can
add Save Search facility to Find Party, find workeffort etc.

Re: Save Search in database

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.