Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by TomcatED <ju...@yahoo.com> on 2006/08/29 15:44:13 UTC

SSL Keystore - help

I have IIS 6.0 and Tomcat 5.5.17 on separate servers.

When using the keystore to import a certificate on the Tomcat server, do I:

1. Import the SSL cert that exists on the separate web server?

OR

2. Import a server certificate created specifically for the Tomcat server?
OR

3.	or…???

Re: SSL Keystore - help

Posted by Pulkit Singhal <pu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I'm going to assume that you want server authN to function between the two
machines, in which case you should exchange the certificates between IIS and
Tomcat. These certificates that you exchange between IIS and Tomcat will
ofcourse be the certificates that you export from the keypairs in the
keystores used by either server. Make sense?