Posted to wsif-dev@ws.apache.org by Sandeep Gaikwad <Sa...@infosys.com> on 2006/03/17 05:14:13 UTC

FW: Want to contribute for WSIF enhancement

Hi All,

Can anyone help about what is the exact location of this SVN codebase?
I am not able to submit my code and design.

Regards,
Sandeep

Posted by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu>.
Sandeep Gaikwad wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone help about what is the exact location of this SVN codebase?
> I am not able to submit my code and design.

|svn checkout |

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/wsif/trunk

(for more on apache svn see http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#anon-svn)

then run svn diff to create a patch (http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html#patches)
and attach it to a jira issue - that will help with discussing the code and design :)

best,

alek

Posted by Bhuvan Gupta <bh...@in.fiorano.com>.
Sandeep,

You won't be able to as you will not be having the commit privledges.
Don't submit the code to SVN; instead follow the following process as
mentioned by dims :

1. open a bug/enhancement report in JIRA (http://issues.apache.org/jira/)

2. write a good description of the enhancement

3. Attach the design document etc..

4. Attach the SVN patch ("svn diff" output) against latest SVN codebase.

5. Notify the group once you have done the above.

6. One of the commiters will then review the code and apply the patch to the
SVN.

Thanks
Bhuvan