Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Herr-Herner <wo...@gmx.de> on 2015/03/30 08:00:10 UTC

Karaf EIK: Multiple child instances simultaneously

Is it possible to run multiple Karaf child instances via Karaf EIK
simultaneously? In my test scenario, I have a launch configuration for the
client and one for the server. When I try to tun both simultaneously, I get
the exception that ports are already in use, which is of course true. Does a
launch configuration always correspond to Karaf's root instance or is there
the possibility to map a launch configuration to a specific child instance,
so that I can run both configuration simultaneously?

Thanks a lot!

Re: Karaf EIK: Multiple child instances simultaneously

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
AFAIK running Karaf instances from within EIK are usually "root" instances.
I guess that would be a feature request.

regards, Achim

> Is it possible to run multiple Karaf child instances via Karaf EIK
> simultaneously? In my test scenario, I have a launch configuration for the
> client and one for the server. When I try to tun both simultaneously, I get
> the exception that ports are already in use, which is of course true. Does
> launch configuration always correspond to Karaf's root instance or is there
> the possibility to map a launch configuration to a specific child instance,
> so that I can run both configuration simultaneously?
>
> Thanks a lot!

Apache Member
Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/>