Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/04/24 16:08:48 UTC

moving off of readme.io forums

Guys,

Unfortunately, I think we have to drop the readme.io user forums in favor
of standard user mailing list.

http://apacheignite.readme.io/v1.0/discuss/?sort=newest

The main reason is that without email notifications for posted issues and
replies, the forum is impossible to manage. I have been in constant
communication with readme.io folks about this, but unfortunately there has
been no progress done in this regard.

Cos, can you please set up the user mailing list? If possible, can you also
give me the moderator rights to the mailing lists?

Thanks,
D.

Re: moving off of readme.io forums

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 05.05.2015 03:44, Dmitriy Setrakyan wrote:
> Here are some pros and cons for both approaches taken from my experience:
>
> readme.io pros:
> - easy signup
> - nice UI interface
>
> readme,io cons:
> - slow response times
> - changes and bug fixes take a long time
> - not immediately indexed by google
>
> user list pros:
> - nice UI with nabble
> - ability to communicate via email
> - immediately indexed by google
>
> user list cons:
> - difficult sign up process (the nabble signup does not work and can create
> confusion)
> - difficult to reply to questions in nabble (email is definitely the
> easiest way)
>
> Would be nice to hear from everyone else as well, should we migrate to the
> user list or stay with readme.io?

Maybe stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just do what every other ASF
project does ...

-- Brane

Re: moving off of readme.io forums

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Sure, fine by me.

Prachi - let me know if you need any help with that. We can discuss here or
reach to me privately if you have any questions.

Cos

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com> wrote:

> I can migrate the forums.
>
> -Prachi

Prachi, I have integrated our user list with Nabble and tried to migrate a
few posts. I think you can use this one as example:
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Code-dependent-on-jars-do-jars-move-from-machine-to-machine-td9.html

Posted by Prachi Garg <pg...@gridgain.com>.
I can migrate the forums.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.