Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/24 22:07:53 UTC

hadoop 2.2.0 cluster setup error : could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1)

Hi,

I setup a cluster with

machine1 : namenode and datanode
machine 2 : data node

A simple hdfs copy is not working. Can someone help with this issue ?
Several folks have posted this error on the web, But I have seen a good
reason or solution.

command:
bin/hadoop fs -copyFromLocal ~/hello /manoj/

Error:
copyFromLocal: File /manoj/hello._COPYING_ could only be replicated to 0
nodes instead of minReplication (=1).  There are 2 datanode(s) running and
no node(s) are excluded in this operation.
14/02/24 12:56:38 ERROR hdfs.DFSClient: Failed to close file
/manoj/hello._COPYING_
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): File
/manoj/hello._COPYING_ could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of
minReplication (=1).  There are 2 datanode(s) running and no node(s) are
excluded in this operation.
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.blockmanagement.BlockManager.chooseTarget(BlockManager.java:1384)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:2477)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNodeRpcServer.addBlock(NameNodeRpcServer.java:555)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolServerSideTranslatorPB.java:387)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$ClientNamenodeProtocol$2.callBlockingMethod(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:59582)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Server$ProtoBufRpcInvoker.call(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:585)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2048)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:2044)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1491)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:2042)

    at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:206)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.addBlock(Unknown Source)
    at
    at
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:186)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:102)
    at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy9.addBlock(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.addBlock(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:330)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.locateFollowingBlock(DFSOutputStream.java:1226)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.nextBlockOutputStream(DFSOutputStream.java:1078)
    at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSOutputStream$DataStreamer.run(DFSOutputStream.java:514)

My setup is very basic :
core-site.xml
<configuration>
<property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
        <value>hdfs://n-prd-bst-beacon01:9000</value>
          </property>
            <property>
                <name>hadoop.tmp.dir</name>
                    <value>/home/manoj/hadoop-2.2.0/tmp</value>
                      </property>
</configuration>

hdfs-site.xml
<configuration>
<property>
     <name>dfs.replication</name>
          <value>1</value>
             </property>
                <property>
                     <name>dfs.permissions</name>
                          <value>false</value>
                             </property>
</configuration>

slaves:
localhost
n-prd-bst-beacon02.advertising.aol.com

Namenode and Datanode (on both machines) are up & running without errors

regards

--
http://khangaonkar.blogspot.com/

Re: hadoop 2.2.0 cluster setup error : could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1)

Posted by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks

Posted by Manoj Khangaonkar <kh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks