Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ryan Rawson <ry...@netidea.com> on 2003/07/02 05:14:07 UTC

"Working copy not locked" error (with nib files)

Hi,

I'm getting this error with SVN:

[Ryans-Computer:~/devstuff/ft] ryan% svn update
svn: Working copy not locked
svn: directory not locked (English.lproj/MainMenu.nib)

MainMenu.nib is a IB NIB file.  The .svn dir inside MainMenu.nib (which
is a directory) is gone now.  I can't seem to get it back.  svn status
gives me:

~      English.lproj/MainMenu.nib

and then I ran:

[Ryans-Computer:~/devstuff/ft] ryan% svn cleanup
svn: Path is not a working copy directory
svn: svn_wc_cleanup: 'English.lproj/MainMenu.nib' is not a working copy
directory

then I ran:

[Ryan-Rawsons-Computer:~/devstuff/ft] ryan% svn update
svn: Attempted to lock an already-locked dir
svn: working copy locked: .
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
details)

and I can't seem to get any further.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-ryan

[Ryans-Computer:~/devstuff/ft] ryan% svn --version
svn, version 0.24.2 (r6284)
    compiled Jun 22 2003, 20:30:29

[Ryans-Computer:~/devstuff/ft] ryan% uname -a
Darwin Ryan-Rawsons-Computer.local. 6.6 Darwin Kernel Version 6.6: Thu
May  1 21:48:54 PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.34.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power
Macintosh powerpc

Re: "Working copy not locked" error (with nib files)

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Ryan Rawson <ry...@netidea.com> writes:

> MainMenu.nib is a IB NIB file.  The .svn dir inside MainMenu.nib
> (which is a directory) is gone now.  I can't seem to get it back.  svn
> status gives me:

Yes, apple's project builder treats a directory as an 'object',
destroying and recreating it, thus destoying the .svn dir.  There's no
way to get it back, other than

  1. if the damaged dir is a child of a svn-controlled directory,
     delete the directory and run 'svn up' in the parent

  2. if the damaged dir is the root of an svn-working-copy, you just
     have to do a fresh checkout.

> Any suggestions?

Yes.  Don't use projectbuilder and svn together.

Re: "Working copy not locked" error (with nib files)

Posted by Nicholas Riley <nj...@uiuc.edu>.
On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 10:14:07PM -0700, Ryan Rawson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting this error with SVN:
>
> [Ryans-Computer:~/devstuff/ft] ryan% svn update
> svn: Working copy not locked
> svn: directory not locked (English.lproj/MainMenu.nib)

See this message I posted a few months ago:

    <http://www.contactor.se/~dast/svn/archive-2003-02/1321.shtml>

--
=Nicholas Riley <nj...@uiuc.edu> | <http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/njriley>
        Pablo Research Group, Department of Computer Science and