Posted to oro-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Daniel F. Savarese" <df...@savarese.org> on 2002/04/09 19:13:52 UTC

Re: String lengths and pattern matching

In message <00...@eepulse.com>, "John Masters" writes:
>I'm wondering if my expressions are wrong, or if this new larger string =
>with no line ends is effecting the way pattern matching is done.

It's impossible to tell without sample code and input that reproduces
the problem.  It is more than likely an issue with the expression
(perhaps multiline vs. single line mode issues).  However, if you look
at the latest CHANGES file http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-oro
/CHANGES?content-type=text/plain
there were some problems with [[:upper:]] and [[:punct:]] that were fixed
in 2.0.5 which may or may not be biting you.

daniel