Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2001/11/05 00:50:56 UTC

Included ( JSP not being recompiled

I seem to have a problem with Tomcat not recompling a
changed JSP when the JSP is only used as an included
file with <jsp:include/>.

I have a page which includes another JSPs:

/MyJSP.html:

<%@ page errorPage="/error.html" %>
<jsp:include page="/_include/st.html#header.jsp"
flush="true" />

This is my included file, just static HTML:

/_include/st.html#header.jsp:

<some static HTML>

If 'MyJSP.html' is modified it's recompiled and served
out okay. However if '/_include/st.html#header.jsp' is
modified 'MyJSP.html' continues to use the old version
until I forced a recompile of
'/_include/st.html#header.jsp' by deleting the
out-of-date class from /work.

Is there anything I can do to get
'/_include/st.html#header.jsp' to recompile
automatically when it's modifed?

Thanks,
Janek Bogucki

Re: Included ( JSP not being recompiled

Posted by Brian Kreitzer <kr...@yahoo.com>.
I've seen similar problems with other application
servers.  You can think of it like this.  The include
is just a "pointer" to the other page and since the
pointer doesn't acctually change, it sees no reason to
recompile.  I would guess that you cannot change this
"feature".

bk

--- Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I seem to have a problem with Tomcat not recompling
> changed JSP when the JSP is only used as an included
> file with <jsp:include/>.
>
> I have a page which includes another JSPs:
>
> /MyJSP.html:
>
> <%@ page errorPage="/error.html" %>
> <jsp:include page="/_include/st.html#header.jsp"
> flush="true" />
>

> This is my included file, just static HTML:
>
> /_include/st.html#header.jsp:
>
> <some static HTML>
>

> If 'MyJSP.html' is modified it's recompiled and
> served
> out okay. However if '/_include/st.html#header.jsp'
> is
> modified 'MyJSP.html' continues to use the old
> version
> until I forced a recompile of
> '/_include/st.html#header.jsp' by deleting the
> out-of-date class from /work.
>
> Is there anything I can do to get
> '/_include/st.html#header.jsp' to recompile
> automatically when it's modifed?
>
> Thanks,
> Janek Bogucki

> For additional commands: