Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jupiter Weinman <my...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/11 06:32:19 UTC

My Introduction

 Hello Members of Apache OpenOffice,

    My name is Matthew Weinman. I am interested in gaining knowledge
and experience
in the field of technical writing. I am a published author of fiction,
which I know is
much different, and have recently graduated from a small college with an English
degree.

    I know very little about the field of technical writing, but feel
with my background
I would be able to develop the skills necessary to make a career in
tech-writing.
Since I've never been in a group such as this, I'm wondering, "How do I even
get started?"

    The, 'Introduction to Contributing,' page advised me to send an
email to this
account, then, I would be on the mailing list. I'm excited to start and any
information on the field of technical writing would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Matthew Weinman

Re: My Introduction

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Matthew Weinman wrote:
> My name is Matthew Weinman. I am interested in gaining knowledge
> and experience in the field of technical writing.

Welcome Matthew,
I recommend that you join our documentation team.

You will probably find more details as you go through the orientation
guides, but the mailing list where we coordinate documentation
activities is the doc list:

To get started, please make sure you read
http://openoffice.apache.org/orientation/intro-doc.html

Regards,
   Andrea.