Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Xuan Tran Le <le...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/08 05:17:40 UTC

How to .tml template access a class's static variable

I want to from B.tml access a static variable/method of A class but I don't
know how to... Help me please

RE: How to .tml template access a class's static variable

Posted by Alfie Kirkpatrick <Al...@ioko.com>.
Since it is public static can you not just have:

----------------- B.java ----------------------
public class B {

    public String getNameOfA() {
        return A.getName();
    }
}

----------------- B.tml ----------------------

Or am I missing something? If it was not static you could @InjectPage A as a field in page B and access it that way?

Regards, Alfie.

Posted by Xuan Tran Le <le...@gmail.com>.
Your StaticWrapper is very helpfull. Thank you.

--
Xuan Tran Le
Developer

Huu Ngoc JSC.("MVN")
460 Nguyen Kiem street, Phu Nhuan district - Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam
Tel : (84-83) 9955331
Fax : (84-83) 8462596
Mobile: 093-3113122
Email: xuantl@myvietnam.net
Web: www.myvietnam.net

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The information in this email (and any attachments) is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disseminate the
information.If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any
copies or printouts thereof.Although this email and any attachments are
believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any
computer system into which it is received and opened,it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no
responsibility is accepted by Huu Ngoc JSC. ("MVN") or its subsidiaries or
affiliates either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in
any way from its use.

Re: How to .tml template access a class's static variable

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
public class StaticWrapper{
  public String getConstantA() return { StaticClass.A; }

  public int getConstantB() return { OtherClass.B; }

  ... etc.
}

public class MyPage
{
  private static final StaticWrapper wrapper = new StaticWrapper();

  public StaticWrapper getWrapper() { return wrapper; }
}

  <t:pagelink page="foo" context="wrapper.A"> ...

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 10:40 PM, DH <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> One question is how you expect to access the variable/method in the
> template and why you prefer to show/access so many static variable in the
> template?
>
> DH
> http://www.gaonline.com.cn

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn

Posted by DH <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xuan Tran Le <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xuan Tran Le <le...@gmail.com>.
Thank you. But A have so many method, so I can't do that.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
escreveu:

> ----------------- A.java ----------------------
> public class A {
>
>     private static String name;
>
>     public static String getName() {
>         return name;
>     }
>
>     /*some method here*/
>
> }
>
> And from B.tml I want to get "name" value from getName() method. What
> should I do now?

Easy:

public class B {
	public String getName() {