Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Adam <ad...@fanello.net> on 2012/12/28 00:27:58 UTC

[daemon] procrun ignores shutdown

This seems like a massive bug in a mature product, which makes me think I must
be missing something.

Running tomcat7.exe (which is Apache Daemon procrun 1.0.10), Tomcat can be
stopped just fine from Windows Services or command-line (net stop or sc stop),
but when the Windows O/S shuts down, the service isn't told to stop. The O/S
just ends up killing it.

This bug appears to be related to the fact that procman isn't registered to be
notified of shutdown, as shown by a query of the service:

sc query myservice

SERVICE_NAME: myservice
         TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
         STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                 (STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,*IGNORES_SHUTDOWN*)
         WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
         SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
         CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
         WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

I looked at what was fixed in 1.0.11, and searched the issues database and
Google - can't find any talk about this gaping hole in functionality.

              http://www.doteasy.com