Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Saumitra Srivastav <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/15 14:27:19 UTC

Unload collection in SolrCloud

Is there a way to unload the complete collection in SolrCloud env? I can
achieve the same by unloading all shards of collection using core admin
API, but is there a better/cleaner approach?

-Saumitra

Re: Unload collection in SolrCloud

Posted by didier deshommes <df...@gmail.com>.
I added a JIRA issue here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-6399

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saumitra Srivastav <sa...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Posted by Saumitra S <sa...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Posted by didier deshommes <df...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If we manage to extend the "lazy core" loading from stand-alone to
> "lazy collection" loading in SolrCloud would that satisfy the
> use-case? It still doesn't allow manual unloading of the collection,
> but the large collection would "age out" if it was truly not used all
> that much. That said, I don't know if there's active work in this
> direction right now.

This is a nice option to have but having the ability to manually load and
unload a collection is still needed. For example, if you're doing analytics
work and storing a day's data in a collection, you still want to be able to
access day 32 and day 64 even if you keep 30 days of data loaded in memory.

I also think having a manual option would allow people more flexibility in
how they manage the number of collections they keep loaded.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saumitra Srivastav <sa...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that's what I am doing.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.