Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jesper Linvald <JE...@maerskdata.dk> on 2004/06/29 15:23:53 UTC

maven parallel/sequential

Hello all,

I been trying to get the ant parallel task to work with no success :(

In my goal I have:
        <parallel>
                <sequential>
                        <attainGoal name="weblogic:server-start"/>
                        <waitfor maxwait="3" maxwaitunit="minute"
checkevery="100" checkeveryunit="millisecond">
                            <http url=
"http://localhost:7001/console/login/LoginForm.jsp"/>
                        </waitfor>
                        <attainGoal name="selfservice:weblogic-deploy" />
                </sequential>
        </parallel>

The "weblogic:server-start" uses the java task to startup a weblogic
server (fork=true)
The starts up fine but nothing more happens - I never get to the
"selfservice:weblogic-deploy" - the server blocks the process...

Can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong?

I also tried prepending "ant" to the tags (<ant:parallel>) but this makes
no difference...

Best regards

Jesper Linvald
MAERSK DATA TRANSPORT
Tel no.: +45 3911 1891
e-mail: JELI@maerskdata.dk

RE: maven parallel/sequential

Posted by Jesper Linvald <je...@kabelnettet.dk>.
Thank you very much - will try this right away.... :)

---

Re: maven parallel/sequential

Posted by Maksimenko Alexander <ma...@bird.cris.net>.
use

Posted by "Jefferson K. French" <je...@frenches.org>.
I tried this a few months ago with no luck myself. Someone suggested
it might be a bug in the Jelly Ant taglib, so I grabbed the sources
and started playing around with it. It does look to me to be a bug in
jelly:ant. I tried to come up with a fix, but after a while realized I
was two tangents past my original problem, and looked for a
workaround.

I've used Jelly's thread package a few times with success, although
when I had to spawn multiple processes and wait for them all to
complete, the Jelly gave me problems and I ended up writing an Ant
task to do it.

  Jeff

--
mailto:jeff@frenches.org

Re: maven parallel/sequential

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Have you tried the jelly thread tag?

Posted by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.
You need to move <attainGoal name="weblogic:server-start"/> just above your
<sequential> tag (and just after your <parallel> tag).  As you have it
written, nothing will execute in parallel since all of your subtasks are
within the sequential tags.