Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Vladimir Ralev <vl...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/17 04:21:07 UTC

CouchDB 2.0 automatic sharding and replication of all databases

Hi guys,

I am trying to figure out if couchdb 2.0 will be capable of automatic
scaling like bigcouch. Just put some nodes out there, configure the
_nodes and how many replicas you want in the cluster and it takes care
of everything automatically.

There is this document
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/cluster/sharding.html#scaling-out
which suggests I have to configure everything manually per-database
and there is no resharding.

Is there something in place to allow easier replication and migration
like in bigcouch?

Re: CouchDB 2.0 automatic sharding and replication of all databases

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Hi,

For both systems, newly created databases will be spread across nodes as widely as possible and you can specify both Q (number of shards) and N (number of replicas of each of those shards). You can’t currently alter these parameters after database creation, though you can create a new database and replicate into it.

B.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 17 Jul 2015, at 04:21, Vladimir Ralev <vl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,