Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/05 20:23:33 UTC

[crypto] How to get the native library?

Hi,

trying to run the unit tests for commons-crypto, I get the error message

    Native library is not loaded

I understand, what it tells me. However, I do not find any hints on
how to get the native library. Not on the website, not in the
top-level docs.

Can anyone help with that?

Thanks,

Jochen

P.S: My OS would be Windows, or Fedora Linux.

--
Philosophy is useless, theology is worse. (Industrial Desease, Dire Straits)

Re: [crypto] How to get the native library?

Posted by Alex Remily <al...@gmail.com>.
If you actually don't have OpenSSL installed you can get it from the
website https://www.openssl.org/source/.

Posted by Alex Remily <al...@gmail.com>.
What version of OpenSSL do you have installed and how are you running the
unit tests, e.g., are you using the command line, maven, an integrated IDE
test runner, etc?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 5 May 2022 at 21:57, Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Le jeu. 5 mai 2022 à 22:24, Jochen Wiedmann
> <jo...@gmail.com> a écrit :
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > trying to run the unit tests for commons-crypto, I get the error message
> >
> >     Native library is not loaded
> >
> > I understand, what it tells me. However, I do not find any hints on
> > how to get the native library. Not on the website, not in the
> > top-level docs.
>
> File "BUILDING.txt" at the top-level seems to contain
> related information.

However it might be sensible to add some more user instructions to the website.
There is currently only a passing mention of OpenSSL. Easy to miss.

Posted by Gilles Sadowski <gi...@gmail.com>.