Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2014/07/20 23:09:41 UTC

[Nutch Wiki] Update of "SecondReport" by FjodorVershinin

Dear Wiki user,

The "SecondReport" page has been changed by FjodorVershinin:
https://wiki.apache.org/nutch/SecondReport?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

   * --(Provide links to the '''HTML Prototype''', I have not seen any of this code and therefore cannot assert that progress has been made as described above.)--
   * --(Provide links/patches for the '''application skeleton''' as stated above... I have yet to see any code.)--

- == Objectives ==
+ == Objectives ==
-
+    * Add ability to get logs by REST API
+    * --Implement generic crawl cycle in GUI--
+    * Add ability upload seed files (or post seed data) by REST API
  === Contributions to Nutch community ===
+ At previous week (13.07-19.07) I worked on the most challenging task, namely I'd tried to implement crawling cycle in GUI part. The most problematic was tasks status controlling, but I'd solved this issue with simple polling. Other option is to post whole batch of jobs to Nutch Server, and shift all the responsibility to server's side. You can see my pullrequest on [[https://bitbucket.org/feodorv/uinutch/pull-request/2/implemented-crawling-script| bitbucket]].
+ The next task is seed upload, then we can run our application on Apache's VM.

  == Future Actions ==
+
-    * Add ability to get logs by REST API
-    * Implement generic crawl cycle in GUI
-    * Add ability upload seed files (or post seed data) by REST API

  == Mentors Comments ==