Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "thomas.ung@freesbee.fr" <th...@freesbee.fr> on 2006/04/18 00:55:31 UTC

Turbine documentation

Bonjour!

First of all, my name is thomas, 26, living in Paris and I am very
happy and exciting joining this mailing list!

I first start using scarab. From there, I was very interrested on turbine
framework. I am fighting understanding turbine which is not very easy
because of the documentation.

I am trying to download an offline version of the API but I cannot find it anywhere. So I am trying to download the source from

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/turbine/core/branches/TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH

to generate the javadoc from the svn server seems to be down.

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Thomas

-------------- ALICE HAUT DEBIT : TRIPLE PLAY A 29,95 EUR/MOIS --------------
Découvrez vite ALICEBOX : avec le modem WIFI, profitez de l'ADSL, de la TELEPHONIE et en exclusivité de la TELEVISION !
Bénéficiez aussi de la hotline gratuite 24h/24 ! Soumis à conditions. Pour en profiter cliquez ici http://abonnement.aliceadsl.fr

Re: Turbine documentation

Posted by Leandro Saad <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas. Guara (guara-framework.sf.net) borrows some concepts from
Turbine.
You may want to take a look at it.
Turbine is a "fat" web application framework. By "fat" I mean Turbine
stretches his arms into various directions:

1) IOC: Turbine used to defined a IOC container, but now I think some avalon
implementation is used.
2) MVC: Turbine defines a standard page generation life cycle to render the
page output using MVC. See how modules work
3) Components:Turbine has lots of components to ease software development.

I think the better source for documentation would be the mailing list,
javadoc and test code.
If you have specific questions, please, write me!

Cheers.

On 4/17/06, thomas.ung@freesbee.fr <th...@freesbee.fr> wrote:

> Bonjour!
>
> First of all, my name is thomas, 26, living in Paris and I am very
> happy and exciting joining this mailing list!
>
> I first start using scarab. From there, I was very interrested on turbine
> framework. I am fighting understanding turbine which is not very easy
> because of the documentation.
>
> I am trying to download an offline version of the API but I cannot find it
> anywhere. So I am trying to download the source from
>

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/turbine/core/branches/TURBINE_2_3_BRANCH
>
> to generate the javadoc from the svn server seems to be down.
>
> Many thanks in advance for your help!
> Thomas
>
> -------------- ALICE HAUT DEBIT : TRIPLE PLAY A 29,95 EUR/MOIS
> Découvrez vite ALICEBOX : avec le modem WIFI, profitez de l'ADSL, de la
> TELEPHONIE et en exclusivité de la TELEVISION !
> Bénéficiez aussi de la hotline gratuite 24h/24 ! Soumis à conditions. Pour
> en profiter cliquez ici http://abonnement.aliceadsl.fr

Leandro Rodrigo Saad Cruz
CTO - InterBusiness Technologies
db.apache.org/ojb