Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/18 07:20:08 UTC

[users@httpd] Jboss 4.2 clustering..

Hi all,
   I ve been trying cluster Jboss 4.2. For acquiring Loadbalancing, i ve run
apache httpd 2.0 version..  and when i wanna test the cluster, i could not
run the application on apache server, as similar to jboss.. like
http://localhost/sample/hello.jsp

Its giving error like

[Tue Mar 18 11:36:56 2008] [notice] Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.26
configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/sample
[Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/sample
[Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
/usr/local/apache2/htdocs/favicon.ico

please look at this issue and respond me at the earliest..

Praveena Chalamcharla,
Securview....

Re: [users@httpd] Jboss 4.2 clustering..

Posted by Nils Jeppe <ni...@pandemonium.de>.

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Ch Praveena wrote:

> Hi Nils..,
>

>   I am running httpd-2.0.63 version of apache server.
>

>    Actually, i am getting some FILE NOT FOUND EXCEPTION in apache
> error.logfile.. and parallely, Jboss
> 4.2.2 GA is able to run usual.. like http://localhost:9999/sample/hello.jsp..
>

>   I am not able to trace out the error location.. Please let me know what
> kind of information do i need to give u..

The relevant configuration.

- Nils

Re: [users@httpd] Jboss 4.2 clustering..

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nils..,

Posted by Nils Jeppe <ni...@pandemonium.de>.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Jboss 4.2 clustering..

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
Thank you very much..
I have n't modified the lines (
/sample=loadbalancer

/sample**/*=loadbalancer)  in uriworkers.properties file. After doing that I
could run the Jboss and cluster that too..

But please keep answering my queries.

Thanks

On 18/03/2008, Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > v) Next, created a new file named APACHE_HOME/conf/mod-jk.conf:
> > vi) Created the workers.properties file and updated the host address..
> >  vii) Added uriworkermap.propertied file too..
>

> Show us these files, and we might be able to help you.
>
> Krist
>

> --
> krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
> krist@vanbesien.org
> Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland
>
> --
> A: It reverses the normal flow of conversation.
> Q: What's wrong with top-posting?
> A: Top-posting.
> Q: What's the biggest scourge on plain text email discussions?

Praveena Chalamcharla,
Securview....

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Jboss 4.2 clustering..

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 9:16 AM, Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> wrote:
> v) Next, created a new file named APACHE_HOME/conf/mod-jk.conf:
> vi) Created the workers.properties file and updated the host address..
>  vii) Added uriworkermap.propertied file too..

Show us these files, and we might be able to help you.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland
--
A: It reverses the normal flow of conversation.
Q: What's wrong with top-posting?

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Jboss 4.2 clustering..

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

    Let me document the work i ve done so far in achieving Jboss clustering.

1. I ve downloaded and run the Jboss 4.2.2.GA server s/w, insatlled ,
configured by changing the portnumber to 9999.
2. I have run a simple war file and could view the o/p with the url :
http://localhost:9999/sample/hello.jsp
3. For clustering the have followed the specified documentation suggested by
Jboss, as:
    i) Downloaded httpd-2.0.63 from  http://httpd.apache.org/   and have set
the home directory.
   ii) Downloaded  mod_jk binaries from
http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/linux/jk-1.2.26/x86_64/
       (I was running in Fedora 8 environment.)
   iii)  modified the file to mod_jk.so and saved under APACHE_HOME/modules/
   iv) Implemented the lines : Modify APACHE_HOME/conf/httpd.conf and add a
single line at the end of the file:
  # Include mod_jk's specific configuration file
  Include conf/mod-jk.conf
v) Next, created a new file named APACHE_HOME/conf/mod-jk.conf:
vi) Created the workers.properties file and updated the host address..
vii) Added uriworkermap.propertied file too..

Finally, when i am starting the servers apache, jboss, both are running
well, but when tested with the url : http://localhost/sample/hello.jsp
is giving 404 error..

please update me the modifications to be done more..

On 18/03/2008, Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>
wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 11:53 +0530, Ch Praveena wrote:
> > Hi.., this is again me..
> >
> > I wanna inform you all that i was clustering jboss 4.2.2GA and in
> > Fedora 8 environment..
> >

> > On 18/03/2008, Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >         Hi all,
> >            I ve been trying cluster Jboss 4.2. For acquiring
> >         Loadbalancing, i ve run apache httpd 2.0 version..  and when i
> >         wanna test the cluster, i could not run the application on
> >         apache server, as similar to jboss.. like
> >         http://localhost/sample/hello.jsp
> >
> >         Its giving error like
> >
> >         [Tue Mar 18 11:36:56 2008] [notice] Apache/2.0.63 (Unix)
> >         mod_jk/1.2.26 configured -- resuming normal operations
> >         [Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File
> >         does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/sample
>

> You have not done any rewrite with mod_proxy or a like. Apache does NOT
> tries to connect to you app server but looking at a specific location.
>
> salu2
>

> >         [Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File
> >         does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/sample
> >         [Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File
> >         does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/favicon.ico
> >

> >         please look at this issue and respond me at the earliest..
> >
> >         --
> >         Regards,
> >
> >         Praveena Chalamcharla,
> >         Securview....
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Praveena Chalamcharla,
> > Securview....
>
> --
> Thorsten Scherler                                 thorsten.at.apache.org
> Open Source Java                      consulting, training and solutions

Praveena Chalamcharla,
Securview....

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Jboss 4.2 clustering..

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Posted by Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com>.
Hi.., this is again me..

I wanna inform you all that i was clustering jboss 4.2.2GA and in Fedora 8
environment..

On 18/03/2008, Ch Praveena <ps...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>    I ve been trying cluster Jboss 4.2. For acquiring Loadbalancing, i ve
> run apache httpd 2.0 version..  and when i wanna test the cluster, i could
> not run the application on apache server, as similar to jboss.. like
> http://localhost/sample/hello.jsp
>
> Its giving error like
>
> [Tue Mar 18 11:36:56 2008] [notice] Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_jk/1.2.26
> configured -- resuming normal operations
> [Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/sample
> [Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/sample
> [Tue Mar 18 11:41:05 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist:
> /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/favicon.ico
>

> please look at this issue and respond me at the earliest..
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Praveena Chalamcharla,
> Securview....