Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sandy T <sa...@ureach.com> on 2007/08/30 16:15:20 UTC

Axis2:learners question:How to initialise/load resources

Hey guys, Is it allowed for beginners to get answers to simple
questions in this mailing list? afraid if wasting your time.
If any expert can help, here goes my problem -

I am developing few sample services(in different aar
files).Suddenly I realized that I need to share some properties
file(like DB userid/passwd or nething else), validation-rules
and  connections. I came up with my own weird approach of having
a setproperties web service with application level scope and
locally from other services to get the properties.This really
looked odd to me so I abandoned the approach and went through a
cpl of articles like - http://wso2.org/library/480 and
http://wso2.org/library/333.
My services are stateless(approach in article 480 mentions this
prerequisite of being sessionware) and 333 talks about
implementing ServiceLifeCycle and loading the things in
AxisService but  I am not sure how ?
Can some expert please explain/point to some other tutorial?

Cheers
Sandy

Re: Axis2:learners question:How to initialise/load resources

Posted by keith chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
You can add your services to a single service group. Services within the
group can then share data.

Thanks,
Keith.

On 8/30/07, sandy T <sa...@ureach.com> wrote:

> Hey guys, Is it allowed for beginners to get answers to simple
> questions in this mailing list? afraid if wasting your time.
> If any expert can help, here goes my problem -
>
> I am developing few sample services(in different aar
> files).Suddenly I realized that I need to share some properties
> file(like DB userid/passwd or nething else), validation-rules
> and  connections. I came up with my own weird approach of having
> a setproperties web service with application level scope and
> locally from other services to get the properties.This really
> looked odd to me so I abandoned the approach and went through a
> cpl of articles like - http://wso2.org/library/480 and
> http://wso2.org/library/333.
> My services are stateless(approach in article 480 mentions this
> prerequisite of being sessionware) and 333 talks about
> implementing ServiceLifeCycle and loading the things in
> AxisService but  I am not sure how ?
> Can some expert please explain/point to some other tutorial?
>
> Cheers
> Sandy

Keith Chapman
WSO2 Inc.