Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stuart Maclean <st...@its.washington.edu> on 2000/07/27 20:48:41 UTC

Servlet Doubly Initialised Problem

Hi all, using Tomcat 3.1 on NT.  In my web.xml I state that I want a
certain servlet to be loaded upon startup.  Whether I give a negative
int, or 0, or a positive int as the argument, I am always getting two
initialisations of the associated servlet.  I havent done much
debugging, but from printlns I can see that the servlet class is being
loaded only once, yet two servlet instances are created.

If I don't ask for serlvet initialisation upon startup, I get the
required behaviour.

Has anyone else seen this?

stu
--