Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/26 18:40:45 UTC

MINANetworkDriverTest fails occasionally

Hi Aidan,

The above test fails occasionally.
It could be due to the port is already in use? perhaps caused by a
previous test not cleaning up properly?
Sorry I haven't had time to dig deeper, but hope the following will help.

Testcase: testBindOpen took 0.15 sec
  Testcase: testBindOpenCloseOpen took 0.004 sec
        Caused an ERROR
  Could not bind to *:2323
  java.net.BindException: Could not bind to *:2323
        at org.apache.qpid.transport.network.mina.MINANetworkDriver.bind(MINANetworkDriver.java:174)
        at org.apache.qpid.transport.network.mina.MINANetworkDriverTest.testBindOpenCloseOpen(MINANetworkDriverTest.java:108)

  Testcase: testBindPortInUse took 0.008 sec
        FAILED
  First bind should not fail
  junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: First bind should not fail
        at org.apache.qpid.transport.network.mina.MINANetworkDriverTest.testBindPortInUse(MINANetworkDriverTest.java:136)

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu
Red Hat
http://rajith.2rlabs.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: MINANetworkDriverTest fails occasionally

Posted by Aidan Skinner <ai...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The above test fails occasionally.
> It could be due to the port is already in use? perhaps caused by a
> previous test not cleaning up properly?
> Sorry I haven't had time to dig deeper, but hope the following will help.

Yeah, it's probably just a random port clash - the test always uses
2323 so I guess that's probably to be expected occasionally. I'll
change the test so that it grabs a random port. I think there's
already a Jira for that actually..

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org