Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2006/06/07 14:59:04 UTC

Re: svn commit: r412381 - /myfaces/shared/branches/2_0_2/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/html/HtmlLinkRendererBase.java

Hi Sean,
>     myfaces/shared/branches/2_0_2/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/html/HtmlLinkRendererBase.java
>
> -    		throw new IllegalArgumentException("Component " + clientId + " must be embedded in an form");
> +            String path = RendererUtils.getPathToComponent(component);
> +            String msg = "Change component/tag '" + clientId + "' from javax.faces.*/<h:tagName /> " +
> +                    "to org.apache.myfaces.*/<t:tagName />, or embed it in a form.  This is not a bug. " +
> +                    " MyFaces core implementation no longer supports formless action sources in order to " +
> +                    "make your application more inter-operable with the RI. The path to this component is " + path ;

I lately changed the message to point to a describing wiki page about
how to workaround this problem.
Could you please merge up this change. Its the commit r412108

Thanks!
Ciao,
Mario

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.