Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rinta-Korkeamäki Jari <Ja...@iclinvia.com> on 2001/04/21 17:52:38 UTC

Tc 3.2.1 recompiles JSPs on every request, what is wrong?

Hi there,

I have the most strangest problem. I installed Tomcat 3.2.1 on fresh NT4
server (sp5), and Tomcat seemed to be quite slow from the beginning. Then I
noticed it was recompiling my JSPs every time they were requested. The work
directory gets stuffed up with java files, which are generated on every
request. Though, for some reason, there are only one class file for every
JSP.

I have put up three similar servers (with some hw differences) with no such
problems.  Has anybody ever experienced something like this?

Regards, Jari