Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/03 08:48:28 UTC

Suggestion : Pax XML Features file hosted by karaf

Hi,

As Apache Karaf uses by default OSGI HTTP Service and Pax Web, why don't we
include the Pax XML Features file part of our distro (like we do for spring
and also for aries - enterprise features) and not as a link in our XML
features file ?

<repository>mvn:org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-features/${pax.web.version}/xml/features</repository>

Charles Moulliard
Apache Committer / Architect @RedHat

Re: Suggestion : Pax XML Features file hosted by karaf

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Will check trunk of Karaf 3.x. Thx ;-)

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Charles,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Suggestion : Pax XML Features file hosted by karaf

Posted by Charles Moulliard <ch...@gmail.com>.
Agree with you Guillaume.

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
I agree that release of Karaf 3.0 is necessary, however hosting 2.4 branch after all can have sense. It can be latest bridge between 2.x and 3.x and will let user base migrate easily to same versions of artifacts to new structure. But once again I want to note, that we should consider that *after* 3.0 release.

Cheers,
Łukasz Dywicki
--
luke@code-house.org