Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/03 12:09:15 UTC

Re: CASEditor possible bugs

Hello Jonathan,

> When I create an annotation that has primitive typed features, the
> docs
> say I should be able to edit those values in the editor window, but i
> cannot.
>
> For example, I created Person with title, firstname, middle name, and
> lastname features as Strings.  I can create the annotation, but when I
> double click any of the feature fields in the editor grid, nothing
> happens and I can't set the values.

I test this and it works fine in my setup. To edit you must do a
single click
in the value column, after that you will see an embedded text field
where
you can edit the value.

If this still does not work for you please check if there are messages
added
to the error log while you do this.

Feature structures can be linked via drag and drop.

For example I have a date feature structure which can be composed of
day, month and year annotations.

To link them select the date feature structure and then pin it to one
edit view (the button with the lock icon),
now drag the day annotation from the outline view and drop it over the
coresponding feature of the date fs.

The drop will only work if the feature type and the type of the
dropped fs matches.

Hope this helps,
Jörn