Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Klaas van der Ploeg <kl...@cmg.nl> on 2001/08/02 10:34:30 UTC

Compile JSP with Tomcat/IBM JDK 1.2.2/AIX4.3.3

Hi All,

I managed to install Tomcat 3.2.3 on AIX with IBM's JDK 1.2.2. I also
deployed my application on it using a .war file. But, when I request a jsp
page, I get an exception "sun.tools.javac.Main" etc....

Of course, this is related to the fact that I'm not using sun's jdk.

My question:
- Can I configure Tomcat to use IBM's javac for compiling jsp's?
- Can I use conf/web.xml (<jspCompilerPlugin>) to specify the classname (I
read that these directives are not working, is that correct?)?
- What is the classname of the IBM javac compiler?

Thanx for your help.

Klaas

RE: Compile JSP with Tomcat/IBM JDK 1.2.2/AIX4.3.3

Posted by Gautam Sinha <ga...@embracenetworks.com>.
I assume you mean the Jikes compiler when you say "IBM's javac" compiler.
Since you did not know the name of "IBM's javac", you probably could not
perform an effective search of the tomcat user archives.

I posted a solution to your problem recently.
It is available in the tomcat-user archives at
http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=35715

You may replace Step 2 with the <init-param> tag as suggested
by Chris Brown in his follow-up posting.  He also points out certain
issues that are worth knowing.

http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=35737

I have not tested the steps on the AIX platform, but they are tested
on the Windows platform.

Gautam