Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Alfred Kim Cheong Hong <ak...@singtel-yp.com> on 2001/04/09 03:08:50 UTC

tomcat installation problems

greetings all,

i'm having trouble installing jakarta tomcat on my computer. i have set my
ms-dos prompt to 4096 for initial environment. when i run 'startup.bat' in
c:\tomcat\bin, it will open a new dos window titled 'java' but it always
hangs when it reaches the following message:

2001-04-09 09:07:20 - PoolTcpConnector: Starting Ajp12ConnectionHandler on
8007

my computer specs are:

windows 95
160mb ram
pentium-II 266MHz

thanks for any help u can offer in advance.

regards and have a nice day

R: tomcat installation problems

Posted by luigi <lf...@katamail.com>.
Hi,
     I've setted the initial environment at 4096  as you and tomcat works.
What about the setting in autoexec.bat?
These are are my setting:

PATH C:\Programmi\Apache
Group\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\lib;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\JDK1.3\BIN;C
:\j2sdkee1.3\bin;C:\MSSQL7\BINN
SET CLASSPATH=C:\JDK1.3\LIB
SET JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK1.3
SET J2EE_HOME=C:\j2sdkee1.3
SET TOMCAT_HOME=C:\Programmi\Apache Group\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1

I hope useful for you, bye