Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryan Cornia <RC...@utah.gov> on 2002/06/10 16:56:03 UTC

Oracle Connection Pool example server.xml

I'm searching for an example server.xml that uses the Oracle connection pool mechanism from oracle. (As opposed to poolman, etc...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I cannot seem to get the server.xml correctly configured with the Oracle connection pool classes.

What I've tried -

<Resource name="jdbc/timesheet" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/timesheet">
 <parameter>

  <name>factory</name>
  <value>oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSourceFactory</value>
 </parameter>
 <parameter>
  <name>driverClassName</name>
  <value>oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource</value>
 </parameter>
 <parameter>
  <name>driverName</name>
  <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@MYHOST:1521:ORCL</value>
 </parameter>
</ResourceParams>

When I try and get a connection from the pool, it returns null. If I configure it to not use a connection pool, the code works, so I know the problem is with the oracle pool definition.

Thanks,
Ryan