Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Norbert Burger <no...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/28 17:54:12 UTC

visibility into component job ID?

Is there an index or job ID available at the Pig level for each of the child
MR jobs that a single script can spawn?  It'd be great, for example, if I
could write:

SET job.name rolluptask-pig.job.index

Where pig.job.index is either an index value (1st child job, 2nd child job,
etc.) or the actual job ID.

Norbert

Re: visibility into component job ID?

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Not at the pig script level (among other things, all setting of vars happens before plan compilation so the order is wrong here). We might consider doing this for all pig jobs in pig internals though.