Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "Kruse, Sebastian" <Se...@hpi.de> on 2015/05/04 10:37:43 UTC

RE: Gzip support

Right, I saw the .deflate file support und the unsplittable flag and built upon that code. I just tried to generalize it and expose it as a hook, so that unforeseen issues like new exotic compression formats or handling custom preambles can be implemented by the users themselves.
I can create a ticket and a pull request by this week, so that you can have a look at it.

Cheers,
Sebastian
Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Great. Please file a JIRA and open a pull request for the feature!