Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Florian Micklich <fl...@disy.net.INVALID> on 2020/02/09 10:56:04 UTC

First pull request for StreamPipes Geo

Hi everyone.

I just did the first merge request.

I added 2 basic data processors.

  *   EPSG Enrichter
  *   LatLngToGeo

I also added a description and icon in the depending resource folder for detail information

For testing I use the http://api.open-notify.org/iss-now.json stream.

Following issues occurs during developing:

________________________________

To get it run on my dev environment I had to modify the pom file and change the resources for StreamPipes. I also added the JTS core maven package. This major change leads to import package changes from

import org.apache.streampipes.messaging.kafka.SpKafkaProtocolFactory;  to import org.streampipes.messaging.kafka.SpKafkaProtocolFactory;

Therefore I stopped tracking the geo processors already implemented in this section. I also modified the GeoJvmInit.java and GeoJvmConfig.java.

What is the best way to synchronize the pom file resources to use the same package

________________________________

For some reason, git thinks the LatLngToGeo PE is part of another PE:

e.g. GoogleMapsGeocodingParameters.java → ...ors/latLngToGeo/LatLngToGeoParameter.java<https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes-extensions/compare/dev...giviflo:dev_geo?expand=1#diff-21f8a6cecf99ec3d9a9b3cdc1ce370df>

I guess this has be fixed on my side. But if I watch the commit history, I just see mine and have no clue why this happens.

________________________________

After setup the pipeline I was checking dashboard for the event stream. The event is forwarded but nothing is coming up.

________________________________

During Adapter Setup I added an Icon for the Adapter, but this is not showing up in the pipeline editor.

________________________________

I added some resource descriptions. The icons for the PE's  are shown in the pipeline but if I activate "show documentation" during PE configuration, it is referencing to the Static Google Maps Geocoding. This happens for both PE's.

The next step would be to create a trajectory LineString and start the projection topic, so the geometries can reprojection to different projection. e.g UTM for measurement purpose like line length and so on.

Greetings

Florian

Am 29.01.20 um 13:52 schrieb Philipp Zehnder:

Hi Florian,

welcome on the mailing list.

Cool, your idea sounds very interesting. Such components a very helpful when working with geo data.

Is there a particular component you would like to start with?

Philipp

On 2020/01/29 11:08:54, Florian Micklich <fl...@disy.net.INVALID> wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just want to quick introduce myself. My name is Florian and I am
working at Disy GmbH in Karlsruhe.

I am planning to implement some geo-operations in Streampipes. In my
master thesis I already did some preparations  regarding this and
developed some prototypes.

The geometry types shall be implemented with Java Topology Suite. Data
in this context means spacial data and should be more  than the typical
WGS84/WGS84 projection. To handle different projections I am planning to
use either Apache SIS or Proj4.

So anyone who would like to be part of the discussion or implementation
process is therefore very welcome.

I'm  looking forward  to implement cool new features for Streampipes :)

Florian

--
Disy Informationssysteme GmbH
Florian Micklich

Firmensitz: Ludwig-Erhard-Allee 6, 76131 Karlsruhe
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 107964
Geschäftsführer: Claus Hofmann

Bitte beachten Sie folgende Informationen für Kunden, Lieferanten und Bewerber
- Datenschutz: www.disy.net/datenschutz<http://www.disy.net/datenschutz>
- Informationspflichten:  www.disy.net/informationspflichten<http://www.disy.net/informationspflichten>

Re: First pull request for StreamPipes Geo

Posted by Florian Micklich <fl...@disy.net.INVALID>.
Forgot to mention that I also added a basic howto documentation. :)